MULLIGAN SOLAR PROJECT PROFILE
Apex Clean Energy of Charlottesville, Virginia, is currently operating Mulligan Solar, a 70 MW facility that is expected to generate enough energy to power up to 14,000 homes per year. Situated in Logan County, adjacent to existing transmission lines on private land, the location is highly suitable for a solar energy project.
A Clean Economic Opportunity for Logan County
Mulligan Solar offers a new source of economic development with long-term local and state tax revenue for schools, government services, and public infrastructure. The power from Mulligan Solar is delivered into the local Illinois electrical grid, helping to diversify Illinois’s energy portfolio. Solar power is one of the most cost-effective sources of electricity available today, and its ability to generate power at peak times helps reduce electricity costs for all consumers.
In addition to creating direct and indirect jobs during construction and operations, Mulligan Solar will create opportunities for companies seeking to open new locations in areas with access to renewable power to expand into Logan County.
Local Economic Benefits
• Enough power for up to 14,000 U.S. homes (70 MW)
• Over 30 years of annual revenue for the county, schools, and other taxing bodies, totaling $7 million in local tax revenue
• Significant local spending during construction and operations
• Taxpayers are protected against decommissioning costs
• Existing transmission power lines limit the need for new infrastructure
• Low panel height limits visibility to neighbors and nearby roads